The Association of Friends of the Institute of Geotechnical Engineering at the University of Natural Resources and was founded with the goal of promoting the teaching and research at the institute. According to the statutes of these objectives will be reached through the following activities:
- The support of the scientific cooperation between the members of the association, academic institutions, research communities and the Institute of Geotechnical Engineering.
- The promotion of scientific activities in the area of geotechnical engineering by technical consulting and by awarding scholarships.
- The assistance by selecting of topics for theses, dissertations and research papers.
- The exchange of ideas and experiences and discussions to geotechnical problems and the establishment and maintenance of experts - network.
- The regular holding of conferences and professional seminars.
- Encourage the promotion of the Institute of Geotechnical Engineering through publications, journals and regular newsletter.
- The professional support and mentoring of students and diploma students of the Institute of Geotechnical Engineering.
- Organization and holding of the annual "geo - fest" with presentation of the "Otto Pregl Foundation Award".
- Creating opportunities for association members free access to the institution – professional library, to the manuals of Otto Pregl and to scientific facilities at the Institute of Geotechnical Engineering.